Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Gift of Time


At no time am I more acutely aware of “time” than when I am in the reception area or treatment room of a doctor. As doctors we have the terrible reputation of making our patients wait. Because of that, we purposely use the term “reception area” room rather than “waiting room” thus reinforcing our negative reputation. A couple of years ago when we purchased our dog, Scooter, I spend over two and half hours waiting in the veterinarian’s office during the course of two separate days just for a well puppy check. I literally came unglued when the doctor finally arrived. I strongly considered changing veterinarians in spite of the good service that we had received over the course of many years. This was due in part the frequent “waits” that I had experienced in the office.

As dentists we are constantly looking for ways to attract new patients. I would suggest one way would be to simply run on time, minimize the time patients wait to be seen. As a patient, prompt service is one of the most valuable gifts that any doctor can offer.

If time is one of challenges in your office, contact Dr. Brad Larsen of Dentist CEO today with all of your Vancouver and Portland Dental Practice Consulting inquiries. Let me help you win the battle of the clock.

No comments: