Thursday, November 4, 2010

Where are your sneakers?


Several weeks ago while jogging with my dog, Scooter I noticed a pair of sneakers hanging on the power wires above the street. It reminded me of the times as a kid I had tried similar pranks. More than once I found myself in situations that were not easily resolved without out the aid of an adult.

During the years I was in private practice I had similar experiences when I found myself in situations that were more easily resolved with a little aid from an outside source. Figuratively speaking, I found my sneakers were hanging over the wires and I didn’t have the tools to retrieve them. Those were the times that I found consultants to be extremely helpful. Many times their expertise was the results of years of experience consulting or advanced education; other times their assistance was as simple as another set of eyes looking at the situation. I am frequently surprised in speaking with professionals who have spent thousands of dollars learning their technical skills or on a piece of new equipment but are resistant to investing the relatively small amount money to get the sneakers off the wires. I found that the investments I made in consulting over the years paid big dividends such as increased efficiency, productivity and most importantly, peace of mind. On a recent jog, I noticed that the sneakers are still there. Hopefully a wise professional would not have waited so long.

Contact Dr. Brad Larsen of Dentist CEO today with all of your Vancouver and Portland Dental Practice Consulting inquiries. I am a "Sneaker Expert."

No comments: